Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Making Plans in 2013!

feathers 

Since my last post, a new year has rolled in. It's 2013 and I couldn't be more please to have a fresh start.   I spent most of December and the start of January sick. I couldn't write. I couldn't sew. I could only read. One blog that I have fallen in love with again is Jessica Swift's blog. She offered, for only $15, a PDF download to help set your goals and intentions for 2013.


In between coughs, I took time to complete the intention kit and it was an amazing experience. It's still not too late to grab this, sit at a desk, and think about what you want to do this year.

desk

Doing the kit, I realized that writing was a priority for me this year. It will mean less blogging and being media social, for at least a couple of months, in order to get my novel ready to share with the world. If I can offer one tidbit of encouragement to you for the start of your year is this: 

 Get your values organized so that your actions will create the life you want.
joyful





I finished reading 10-10-10 by Suzy Welch. It published a few years ago but it was a fast and inspiring read. The Rule of 10-10-10 is that when you have a challenge or a problem test the issue against what will mostly happen in 10 minutes, 10 months, and 10 years. It's a value driven question that will help you get unstuck and move forward with whatever you are facing. For myself, I used 10-10-10 to consider my stuck career. 



I realized that I hadn't placed true value in becoming a published writer. I let everything else take over and bulldoze my life. In the past, I focused on Plan B rather than thinking about Plan A-my long term career goals. That's life. It can get hectic but January is a special time to grab the reins and tell your pony where you're going instead of holding on for dear life. 

horses


I am courageously willing to fail or succeed. I am giving my aspirations to write fiction my heart and my mind. Wish me luck!!! I will post again soon but not as often as before. I will be on twitter and post some of my misadventures into sewing on tumblr {I've been obsessed with swimsuits lately} and I'll be at google + {follow me on my sidebare}. Thanks as always for listening to the rambling muse of that touches my life and I'm sending you a million good vibes that you are also reaching out for the life you want to live. Time is brief, get it done now!




1 comment:

Kstylick said...

Love those pics! :)

By the way, Maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC?

Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

http://kstylick.blogspot.com